INTERSOS is an impartial humanitarian organization that helps the victims of all-natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its routines are dependent on the ideas of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of legal rights and possibilities, respect for variety and coexistence, shelling out unique interest to the most vulnerable men and women.
Phrases of reference
Task Title: Medical Coordinator
Duty station: San Cristobal (Venezuela – 60%) – Arauca (Colombia – 40%) with regular subject visits to in-nations Health Plan places
Beginning date: 01/04/2023
Contract length: 6 months with possible extension
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: 2 nation health care referent
Dependents: HQ Well being Unit
General context of the job
Escaping insecurity, huge economic contraction, and collapsing community providers, around 6 million migrants and refugees from Venezuela have sought a new, safer everyday living abroad above the past 10 years – with most leaving house considering that 2017. Somewhere around 2.5 million Venezuelans presently reside in Colombia, wherever the aftermath of the multi-entrance interior war has induced the Country to have just one of the best charges of forced displacement in the planet. Technically and monetarily unprepared and not able to handle their borders, Colombian authorities at first proved incapable of responding to the requirements of the incoming influx. As a outcome of this sort of preparedness, a superior amount of Venezuelan refugees at present reside irregularly in the Place while only 1.492.275 (out of close to 2,5 million current in the nation) are registered. Deficiency of registration implies an incapability to obtain fundamental companies, major to an increase in other pitfalls, like affiliation with armed teams.
Alongside the 2,200 kilometers border that separates Venezuela from Colombia – and much more precisely in the vicinity of the Apure-Arauca border – the consistent presence of irregular armed groups contributes to an unsafe atmosphere for the two migrants and the regional populace. As of 28 February 2022, 55,245 persons of Venezuelan nationality (2.23% out of the whole) resided in the office of Arauca, of which: 31,150 had been in the municipality of Arauca and 5,855 in Arauquita. In the two previously mentioned-stated municipalities, armed conflict, and mixed migratory flows, coupled with normal disasters, are the principal causes of exacerbated humanitarian requirements and higher concentrations of unsatisfied essential requires documented particularly among the girls, youngsters and adolescents, indigenous communities, migrants, refugees, and Colombian returnees.
Since early 2022, a deterioration of the currently precarious protection scenario occurred at the border space, particularly in the Arauca region, as a consequence of intensified fights among armed groups.
Standard intent of the place
In close collaboration with the EU and the Professional medical Unit, defining and applying the healthcare method of the mission. Getting dependable for the setting up and coordination of all professional medical things to do and means in the mission, according to INTERSOS charter, procedures, and moral rules with thing to consider of global and nationwide protocols, in get to make certain the supply of excellent medical treatment for patients and their communities as effectively as to enhance the health and fitness condition and humanitarian living conditions of the focus on populace.
Main tasks and duties
- Dependable for defining, implementing, and updating the professional medical written content of the INTERSOS country medical technique translating the discovered health demands into a health-related strategic vision and project targets, priorities, and sources desired in get to protect the health care and humanitarian needs of the population at danger.
- Overall liable for the appropriateness and high-quality of medical interventions executed by INTERSOS jobs and currently being predicted to recognize and function on getting rid of limitations to improved patient safety, helpful health care treatment, and far better affected person-centered things to do
- Continually check the medical and humanitarian desires in the Mission state in new places of intervention or in parts where by INTERSOS is presently current by exploratory missions, keep track of and evaluate challenge proposals, determining needed resources in get to determine wellness and nutrition priorities and probable new applications to cover medical and humanitarian requirements of the population at danger
- Coordinate with the Health care Unit for the validation of the undertaking proposals he/her layouts to be submitted to intercontinental donors and non-public foundation
- Responsible for the supervision and monitoring of the healthcare complex factors, humanitarian demands, and in coordination with the Logistics Coordinator, the content elements of the programs by common industry visits, analyzing difficulties all through the implementation and reporting deviations as they appear, in order to proactively present the required answers and obtain operational effects
- In close collaboration with the HR Coordinator, take part in the scheduling, definition, and sizing of the health workforce in the mission and supervise the associated processes (recruitment, validation of health-related employees, education/induction, evaluation, possible detection, growth, and interior/ exterior interaction). Coach and instantly support the healthcare groups in the implementation of the healthcare activities making sure that interior protocols are highly regarded as properly as the ones of the local Ministry and Wellness Department
- Responsible for defining and sizing other methods (pharmacy and health care machines management in collaboration with logistics) and timelines, processes, and protocols. Ensuring preparation of all medical orders in collaboration with the Logistics Department and the submission of all clinical buy requests. Getting accountable for the proper management of the pharmacy in the Mission, like tasks. Give reviews on the mission’s evolution from the healthcare perspective, as expected
- Represent INTERSOS in advance of neighborhood clinical authorities and assure consistent presence and lively participation in the health and fitness and nutrition coordination fora (clusters meetings, other technological coordination meetings) and continue to keep typical speak to with other counterparts in the mission (NGOs, nearby companies, donors, authorities) in order to broaden the medical-humanitarian scenario evaluation, strengthening the effect of the medical intervention and supporting advocacy actions
Needed profile and encounter
Superior university degree in medicine or other paramedical scientific studies. Fascinating specialization in Tropical Medication or a degree in Community Wellbeing
Minimum amount 4 many years applicable perform expertise as Clinical referent/Coordinator in the humanitarian sector particularly in fragile and unstable environments.
- Essential personal computer literacy (term, excel and world-wide-web)
- Show knowledge with distinct donors compliance and reporting
- Leadership, persons management and advancement
- Strong teamwork and cooperation capacities
- Strategic vision
- Company orientation
- Motivation to INTERSOS concepts
- Knowing of humanitarian operations principles, specifications and best techniques
Performing Spanish and English. Multi-language information desirable
- Management, men and women management and progress
- Solid teamwork and cooperation skills
- Commitment to INTERSOS rules
How to use
Interested candidates are invited to apply adhering to the website link underneath: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/emptiness-specifics/63e2aac4c436b10012784337/
Make sure you notice that our software system is made of 3 rapid ways: register (such as your name, email, password and citizenship), indicator-up and use by attaching your CV in PDF structure. As a result of the system, candidates will be capable to track their applications’ background with INTERSOS.
You should also point out the title, placement and contact aspects of at least 3 references: two line supervisors and a single HR referent. Household users are to be excluded.
Only small-mentioned candidates will be contacted for the very first job interview.